In the scope of the interdisciplinary research project “Blick in die Zukunft (BLIZ): Wechselwirkungen zwischen Gesellschaft, Landnutzung, Ökosystemleistungen und Biodiversität in Bayern bis 2100” funded by the Bavarian Climate Research Network (“bayklif”) of the Bavarian State Ministry, we invite applications for a
PhD position in Conservation and Biodiversity Change
E13 TV-L, 60 %, limited for 3 years
- Full university degree (Diploma/M.Sc.) in in biology, ecology or a related discipline.
- Interest in community ecology and conservation
- Sound knowledge in GIS and/or scientific programming (preferably R).
- Fluent in English, in reading and writing
- We expect the candidate to have good communication skills and the ability to work in a team.
You will be a team member of the recently started interdisciplinary research project “BLIZ”. Together with partners from the JMU Würzburg, University of Regensburg, FAU Erlangen and partners within TUM, you will investigate the association of animals with particular habitats based on a big data approach. Bavaria features unique datasets in biotope mapping and species occurrences going back 40 years and more. Together with colleagues you will investigate how the distribution of biotopes and species has changed in the past, and how future climate change, and future land use change will impact species occurrences in the future.
- Stimulating working environment and an interdisciplinary research team.
- A salary in accordance to TV-L E13 (60 %). The contract for the position will be limited to 36 months
- TUM is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified women are therefore particularly encouraged to apply. Applicants with disabilities are treated with preference given comparable qualification.
- Please send your application, including a cover letter, a detailed CV and contact information of two referees, as soon as possible (latest by August 15, 2018) in the form of a single pdf-file to Wolfgang Weisser (wolfgang.weisser[at]tum.de).
- Appointment date is as soon as possible.
- For further inquiries, please contact Prof. Wolfgang W. Weisser (wolfgang.weisser[at]tum.de).
- For more information, see www.bayklif-bliz.de or www.toek.wzw.tum.de
Technische Universität München
Lehrstuhl für Terrestrische Ökologie
Prof. Wolfgang W. Weisser